Mark Feehily

Mark Feehily born 28 May 1980

Mark Feehily is one of the two lead singers - along with Shane Filan - of Irish boyband Westlife who have enjoyed a record-breaking succession of number 1 singles and hit albums.

In August 2005, Mark announced in an interview with The Sun that he was gay:
'I want people to know the truth. I am gay and I'm very proud of who I am.
'I'm not asking for sympathy, or to be a role model for someone else.
'I simply felt it was the right time to tell the truth.'

Westlife have sucessfully avoided several boyband curses - they lost a popular member, made a disastrous Rat Pack album and have survived the self-outing of a gay member.

Mark is in a relationship with Kevin McDaid, a former member of defunct boyband V.

Westlife continue to be successful and show no signs of splitting.